The Weavers Guild of Minnesota invites you to Midwest Weavers Conference 2015, Urban Fiber with a Minnesota Twist, in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St Paul.
Pre-conference workshops will be held at the University of St Thomas, St Paul, and the Textile Center, Minneapolis. The Textile Center is a national center for textile arts and home of the Weavers Guild of Minnesota.
Currently scheduled workshops include:
- Cameron Taylor Brown - Hands on Color
- Katherine Buenger - Exploring Ply Split Baskets
- Wynne Mattila - Finnish Rag Rugs
- Jennifer Moore - Doubleweave: 4-shaft and beyond
- John Mullarkey - A Tablet Weaving Hat Trick: three techniques in three days
- Jane Patrick - Advanced Techniques in Rigid Heddle Weaving
- Robyn Spady - On the Double (two-tie)
- Liz Spear - Sew Your Handwoven
- Dianne Totten - Crimp and Create
- Susan Wilson - Surprise! Color and Weave Effects
- Patsy Zawistoski - Color Options: Spinning and Dyeing Painted Rovings
Enjoy the Cities' museums, galleries and textile arts. University of St Thomas is in a quiet, safe, residential area. The dorms are beautiful and comfortable (air-conditioned). The campus cafeteria provides a variety of good food, and parking is plentiful.
Stay tuned for more information!