Midwest Weavers Fashion Show 2017
The Greatest Spectacle in Fashion
The 2017 Midwest Weaver Conference fashion show will be The Greatest Spectacle in Fashion, with categories inspired by Indiana’s love for the automobile and racing. This non-juried fashion show encourages entrants to put the pedal to the metal and push creativity to the limits. Models will be provided, so all entrants can take a back seat and enjoy the ride as part of the audience.
A post-show display gallery and reception will be held.
Eligibility & Guidelines
- - Open to all members of the MWA, whether or not in attendance.
- - Each entrant may submit up to 2 garments with an entry fee of $25 for the first piece and $15 for the second.
- - Crocheted or knit items must be made of handspun yarns.
- - Eligible garments can be handwoven, but garments that are felted, hand-dyed, embellished, or created from handspun yarns will also be gladly appreciated.
- - Garments combining handwoven and commercial fabric should be at least 60% handwoven.
- - Garments may feature details or embellishments in any other fiber technique.
- - All entries must be executed by the entrant and cannot have been shown at a previous Midwest Weavers Conference.
CategoriesChoose the category that best fits your garment. Models will be provided. Entry must include photo, weaver name, size of garment, written commentary to be read during the show that includes weave structure, fiber content, colors, any embellishment or additional pieces. Description CAN be changed with garment delivery.
The Checkered FlagAny garment that is at least 90% black and white
The Pit StopSportswear, casual chic
Detailing Your TripGarments focused on embellishment or complex structures
The Finish LineGarments for the end of the day/evening wear
The RoundaboutGarments made from handspun fibers
- Clicking on the “review and change your registration” link in the confirmation email you received after registering.
- This will open a new website showing your registration.
- Click on Manage Your Registration (menu on right).
- You will be asked to confirm your email address and enter the password you set when you registered.
- Once you have logged in to your registration, select “Agenda” from the links under Edit.
- Scroll down through the selections you have already made until you reach the section entitled EXHIBIT REGISTRATION.
- Select the exhibit name for which you are registering. Once you have made that selection, additional fields will become visible for you to complete.
- Click CONTINUE at the bottom of every page until you reach the checkout page. You will be asked to re-enter your credit card number for any additional charges.
- After the credit card has processed, you should see the Confirmation page again. You will also receive an email with the subject line: Registration Update Confirmation.
If you are unable to register for the exhibit(s) online, you may fill out the form below, and mail to the address on the form with a check enclosed.
AwardsEach category will be given 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons, with prize money given to all first place winners. The Winner’s Circle (Best of Show) will receive $ 100.
Awards will be announced following the Fashion Show on Friday evening.
- Entry form deadline: May 15, 2017 via email or surface mail
- Check-in for entries: Thursday, June 15 (noon to 4 pm)